I find hot drinks very soothing for the nervous system and crave them even when it’s 100 degrees outside! Although, usually, I’ll whip up a quick matcha or spirulina latte with some ghee and coconut milk, sometimes I crave something a little more decadent!
This white chocolate recipe combines a rich and indulgent creamy taste and mouthfeel and hits the spot right – plus, it is really easy to make and takes literally no time at all!
I like adding cardamon to my drink, but if you’re not a fan you can easily skip it. I find, though, that the cardamon compliments the sweet buttery taste of the white chocolate perfectly, and it is a true “superfood” with tons of medicinal properties.
It is a great blood-sugar regulator, improves digestive health, and it has antimicrobial properties that help fight bad breath! It also functions as a diuretic, and has been used for centuries in skincare products to improve skin health.
I mean, what more can I say?!
Note: This is NOT a low-calorie drink!!
Makes 1 generous serving
Note: click on the links below to see what products I used
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup and 1 tbsp full-fat coconut milk
- 28g cocoa butter
- 1 scoop collagen hydrolysate
- 1 scoop paleo vanilla protein powder
- 1 pinch vanilla bean powder
- 1 pinch cardamom (optional)
- Heat water and coconut milk in small pot.
- Add collagen and protein powder and stir until dissolved. Make sure the milk water isn’t boiling temperature, or it could create lumps.
- Stir in cocoa butter until melted.
- Add vanilla bean powder and cardamon (if using).
- Use a handheld milk frother and whisk until frothy.*
- Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy!
* If you don’t have a handheld frother you can also use a standard blender like a Ninja or Vitamix. Just add the drink to the blender and blend in low mode for 10 seconds. Just make sure it’s not boiling when you pour it into the blender or it could explode!