I’m not much of a baker (mainly because I hate following rules and baking really is a science based on precision) but sometimes I just really crave a cookie. A cookie that is sweet – but not too sweet! – and just a touch spicy.
These low-carb cookie dough bites are made in five minutes and are sure to satisfy your snickerdoodle dough cravings! Each bite is full of nutty crunch and spicy flavor with a cookie crunch, all without having to turn the oven on!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp vanilla bean ghee or more coconut oil
- 1/3 cup raw walnut butter (I used homemade, but would go with Artisana otherwise)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped unsulfured dried pears (I get them at Trader Joe’s)
- 1/2 tbsp powdered monk-fruit sweetener or coconut sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp reishi powder (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- Blend everything in a food processor until dough is achieved.
- If the dough feels too wet, place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes or until firm enough that you can work with it.
- Roll into bite sized balls then lay flat on a air-tight container and freeze.
- Remove from freezer and let thaw 6 minutes before eating 🙂